We strive to grow and maintain sustainable and eco-friendly operations by putting the three R’s into action. By Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling, we are taking positive steps toward a brighter future for our planet, as well as providing a healthier and happier workplace for our employees.
Doing Our Part
Flavorchem makes a conscious effort toward minimizing both the short- and long-term environmental impact of every aspect of our business practices at both our US locations. The formation of a Green Team has shown that employees share our enthusiasm for becoming an environmentally considerate company. Additional changes and steps we’ve taken include:
- LEED® Silver Certified in our new liquid production facility
- Companywide waste reduction and recycling program
- Campus-wide conversion to energy efficient lighting, which has reduced our power consumption by an estimated 200,000 kWh per year and significantly reduced our carbon footprint
- On-site shred program that benefits the environment: shredded documents are baled and recycled, with one tree saved for every two bins filled
- Reducing by using less packaging in daily operations
- Reusing by switching from single-use plastic to washable, reusable stainless steel
- Ongoing effort to form a comprehensive list of raw materials and vendors (which encompasses information on materials harvesting and processing) to illustrate our suppliers’ sustainability initiatives
- Paperless accounting practices
- Employee education on issues relating to sustainability and their relevance to each of us
View/download our sustainability brochure here.