California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
Flavorchem Corporation is a privately owned full-service flavor company focused on providing customers around the world with safe, Quality food ingredients. We are dedicated to continuously evaluating and improving our operations and programs with a philosophy that Quality improvement is a project with no end date.
Providing safe, Quality food ingredients extends beyond our brick and mortar presence. Since Flavorchem’s inception in 1971, the company has taken a proactive approach towards sustainability regarding environmental, economic, and social affairs.
With respect to social affairs, being sustainable means sharing a level of responsibility and accountability to society, as well as providing a boost to the local community. Our commitment also extends to improving the standard of living in developing countries through supplier programs, ensuring their local communities benefit from sound sustainability practices.
Flavorchem Corporation upholds its responsibility to the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act through the following actions:
- All approved suppliers must comply with our Social Compliance Requirements.
- Approved suppliers sign a copy of our Social Compliance Requirements.
- Flavorchem maintains the signed document in our suppliers’ files.
- Supplier audits are not regularly performed; however, we reserve the right to verify supplier compliance should Flavorchem become aware of a possible violation or deem a supplier to be out of compliance with our requirements.
Flavorchem performs internal audits of the Supplier Approval Documents, including Social Compliance Documentation completion. Flavorchem also reviews approved suppliers’ Code of Conduct documentation.
Suppliers are to agree that they:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in their country of operation.
- Provide employees with a safe, healthy and secure workplace that complies with all applicable laws and provides proper sanitation, lighting, training, ventilation and fire safety, including appropriate controls and protective equipment as needed.
- Not discriminate in violation of applicable laws in hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination, retirement, or other employment practices on the grounds of gender, race, age, national origin, injury, disability, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership, collective bargaining, political affiliation, or religious beliefs.
- Comply with all applicable laws governing wage, work hours, vacation, sick time, bereavement, maternity and paternity benefits and overtime, and will pay at least the legally-mandated minimum wage and any other mandated benefits.
- Not engage in forced labor, human trafficking and slavery.
- Not require employees to lodge “deposits” or their identity papers with their employer and maintain an employee’s freedom to leave their employer after reasonable notice.
- Ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct, by all of its vendors, suppliers and manufacturers who provide materials or services that are used in the manufacture, processing or production of products sold.
- Not subject employees to harsh or inhumane treatment, physical or verbal abuse, sexual and/or psychological harassment or intimidation.
- Employ only individuals above the age of 14 (or at or above the minimum legal working age if greater).
- Comply with all applicable laws regarding safety of products it manufactures and/or sells.
- Respect employees’ right to freedom of association, consistent with all governing laws.
- Not pay or accept bribes or kickbacks pursuant to any business-related transaction.
- Comply with all applicable environmental and recycling laws and will otherwise conduct its business in ways that minimize or reduce waste and also its environmental footprint to air, water, soil, and surrounding areas.
We do everything within our ability to contribute to the development and betterment of our employees and community. We are also committed to ensuring there is no slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business, including our supply chain.
- Flavorchem standards are outlined in our Employee Handbook.
- Proper signage is posted throughout the Flavorchem campus to inform employees of their local and federal rights.
- Flavorchem employs the federal campaign “see something, hear something, say something.” We utilize a “Good Catch” program that encourages employees to notify their supervisors of any situation that may have potential to cause injuries or damage. Flavorchem also supports employees to submit anonymous information to the Human Resources Department.
- Flavorchem is an equal opportunity employer:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Flavorchem Corporation (“Flavorchem”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Flavorchem strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, sexual preference or orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All Flavorchem employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Flavorchem complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, Flavorchem will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If you believe you need an accommodation, refer any such request to Human Resources Department. Flavorchem will also, where appropriate, provide reasonable accommodations for an employee’s religious beliefs or practices.
No one will be subject to, and Flavorchem prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation or retaliation for good faith reporting of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim or cooperating in related investigations.
Flavorchem is committed to enforcing this policy against all forms of discrimination. However, the effectiveness of our efforts depends largely on employees telling us about inappropriate workplace conduct. If employees feel that they or someone else may have been subjected to conduct that violates this policy, they should report it immediately. If employees do not report discriminatory conduct, Flavorchem may not become aware of a possible violation of this policy and may not be able to take appropriate corrective action.
Violations of this Policy
Any employee, regardless of position or title, whom the Human Resources Department determines has subjected an individual to discrimination or retaliation in violation of this policy, will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination of employment.
At the end of their orientation training, all Flavorchem employees confirm that they have read and understand the Company Policies. These policies are always available to employees to review.
As stated at the beginning of this documents, we are dedicated to continuously evaluating and improving our operations and programs with a philosophy that Quality improvement is a project with no end date.