Open Position: Maintenance Mechanic I
Title: Maintenance Mechanic I
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
A Maintenance Mechanic’s primary function is to assist the Maintenance Manager with repairs and keep equipment running. A Maintenance Mechanic performs preventative maintenance, and orders and picks up replacement parts. Maintenance Mechanics are required to follow all SOP’s and GMP’s and other department specific training. Will perform other duties as assigned. To ensure product safety and quality, Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for controlling physical contaminants, properly storing personal items, and reporting suspicious people or activities to their supervisor. Maintenance Mechanics’ activities are monitored and directed by the Maintenance Manager. The backup for this position is the Maintenance Mechanic Lead.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED completion required.
- Maintenance Mechanics must have above average math skills and outstanding mechanical skills.
- Maintenance Mechanic candidates must have 2 – 3 years of experience in packaging and production machinery maintenance and repair.
- Electronics and HVAC skills preferred.
- Reliable, predictable attendance is required.
Employee must have no food allergies, and may need to wear a respirator. Employee must have ability to lift and carry 50 pounds. Employee must have ability to climb stairs and maneuver under and around machinery.
Employee will work in a shop that is temperature-controlled, but will also be outside walking between buildings.
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put the position title in the subject line, no phone calls please.