Open Position: Applications Scientist I – Flavor
Title: Applications Scientist I
Department: Research & Development Lab
Reports To: Senior Manager of Flavor Applications
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Employee will utilize experience, knowledge, and industry resources to propose, develop, test, and analyze culinary-related formulations for internal evaluation and customer specific projects. Will also assist in the assessment of new ingredients and technologies. Employee must communicate technical information effectively.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop complete formulations that meet technical and sensory requirements of customers.
- Employee must have the ability to perform sensory testing with a high degree of accuracy and acutely discern differences between ingredients and products.
- Employee will be required to efficiently and effectively duplicate culinary & snack-related products in the marketplace by employing analytical and sensory techniques.
- Perform competitive analysis and benchmarking of ingredients and products.
- Provide technical support from benchtop to commercial processing of formulations.
- Assist in the creation of a wide variety of new culinary and snack-related concepts.
- Employee must have a strong understanding of ingredient stability, ingredient interactions and the impact of overall quality and consumer acceptance of a formulation.
- Assist customers in developing specifications for ingredients and finished products.
- Deliver technical presentations to customers.
- Remain current with industry trends.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor of Science or Culinary Arts degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in applications, preferably culinary or snack-related
- Experience working with flavors is preferred.
- Experience working with bakery an added benefit
Employee must have no food allergies. Employee cannot wear jewelry on the job.
Employee will work in a lab environment with strong aromas and chemicals. Employee must adhere to all safety and quality requirements.
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put the position title in the subject line, no phone calls please.