Open Position: Infrastructure Administrator
Title: Infrastructure Administrator
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, may vary
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day administration and operations of the virtual sever VMWare environment, including both host and guest systems.
- Designs and implement systems, network configurations, and network architecture, including hardware and software technology.
- Identify areas of operation that need upgraded equipment such as servers, switches, fiber optic cables, and telephone wires.
- Upgrades hardware and software components as required including client and server patch management.
- Provides first level firewall and security support. Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Develops and writes procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Provides users with help desk, network, and server support. Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources. Trains users in use of equipment.
- Sets up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
- Assembles and configures new PCs, network components, and associated services. Provides new PC and server builds.
- Serves as key technical resource for team, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects and day-to-day operations.
- Provides corporate Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office 365 support.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of company equipment and data.
- Determines root cause of problems, identifies resolutions and coordinates fixes through completion.
- Manages the day-to-day workload and priorities of existing and new tasks, requests, and projects.
- Able to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation and little oversight; Willing to constructively challenge the way things may have been done in the past when appropriate.
- Provides support as needed outside of normal business hours.
- Tracks, manages, and reports inventory.
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor or Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge in current and future Windows Desktop systems. (10)
- Moderate knowledge of current and future Windows Server systems (2012, 2016, 2019).
- Basic knowledge of Networking, Routers, Firewalls, and security (Routing, TCPIP, etc.).
- 2-3 years’ experience in desktop, network, and server support.
- Prefer Network+ or Windows Networking MCP certification.
- Prefer Windows Server or VMWare certifications.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analysis skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Driven, dedicated individual that expects high quality results from him/herself, others around them and leads by example.
- Excels as an individual contributor and as part of cross-functional teams to ensure successful and effective delivery of work.
- Strong technical documentation skills. Ability to document IT processes and system architectures.
- Maintains strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while managing multiple priorities.
- Reliable, predictable attendance is required. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
- Primarily an in-office position, however some flexibility is offered to work at home.
- Minimal travel expected.
- No food allergies
- Must have ability to climb stairs and maneuver under desks and tables
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put the position title in the subject line, no phone calls please.