Open Position: Lead Solutions Engineer
Title: Lead Solutions Engineer
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, may vary
The Lead Solutions Engineer (LSE) is accountable for the design, implementation, and support for the various solutions used across Flavorchem, including the current and future ERP solution. In addition, the LSE is responsible for the integration layer with applications across the system landscape. This person will be the resident expert on the relationships between, and the flow of information through, Flavorchem’s complete applications portfolio and will lead a team of developers and engineers, as well as support project teams with subject matter expertise on the capabilities of our solutions and environments. The LSE plays a critical role in assuring our enterprise systems and programs are envisioned, designed, developed, implemented, and maintained to meet business needs while ensuring a single source of truth architecture. At any given time, the LSE may be leading discovery and strategy sessions with our business stakeholders, designing solutions, collaborating with functional and technical stakeholders to drive cohesion, or assisting with configuration and development. The LSE will be an expert technical resource responsible for analysis, design, implementation, integration, deployment and change management oversight. This person will be a highly motivated analytical and systematic thinker and excellent collaborator to influence stakeholders in transforming the organization. This person thinks ahead, outside the box, proactively identifies problems, develops solutions, and implements them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains an understanding of the “big picture” to assure that Flavorchem’s application architecture supports Flavorchem’s business and technology objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day workload and priorities of existing and new tasks, requests, and projects against available resources.
- Serves as the lead solution/application architect and resident end-to-end process expert.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration and operations of the ERP system and associated systems.
- Serves as key technical resource for team, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects and day-to-day operations.
- Provides technical support, guidance, mentoring and supervision to team members, assisting in their technical and interpersonal skill development.
- Leads investigations and provides recommendations regarding the most appropriate technology tools to deliver desired capabilities.
- Establishes standards and best practices for managing data access rights.
- Strives towards re-usable, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- Supports end-to-end solutioning for various systems, ensuring that enhancements and fixes are architecturally sound.
- Directs the research and development activities required to evaluate, select, acquire, and implement technology systems and solutions.
- Helps re-engineer core business processes to support end-to-end data flows that ensure a high degree of data integrity in our systems.
- Seeks to satisfy requirements using existing (product supported) functionality versus building custom applications.
- Continually develops skills and abilities to keep current on new technology and practices and broaden knowledge.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and company data.
- Manages third party providers for key services, support, and technology implementations.
- Controls costs and manages to IT budget(s)
- Maintains excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leads and/or participates in projects as required.
- Advises on process improvement and best practices.
- Determines root cause of problems, identifies resolutions and coordinates fixes through completion.
- Leads a team to support a 24/7 manufacturing environment. Participates in production support.
- Partners with Infrastructure on the design and maintenance of system environments.
- Provides emergency support for critical system issues, including leadership in diagnostic direction and patch/release support.
- Able to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation and little oversight; Willing to constructively challenge the way things may have been done in the past when appropriate.
- Effectively prioritizes service requests, escalations along with other duties and tasks daily.
- Provides support as needed outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology related field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 7+ years of experience in supporting ERP implementations.
- 5+ years of experience implementing enterprise IT applications, defining, and mapping business processes, and understanding integration between various applications.
- 5+ years of experience in IT positions with increasing responsibility.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, configuring, and maintaining ERP solutions as well as end to end business processes.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business operations.
- Work experience as a Solutions Architect in at least a couple projects.
- Experience with multiple ERP implementations preferred; Advanced expertise in at least one required.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Activities + Manufacturing.
- Ability to analyze ambiguous technical and business situations and be able to determine appropriate solutions.
- Background in technical program management and/or consultancy with track record of successfully architecting and deploying solutions.
- Strong experience in reengineering and standardizing processes.
- Effective in taking a probing and analytical approach to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analysis skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Driven, dedicated individual that expects high quality results from him/herself, their direct reports, others around them and leads by example.
- Excels as an individual contributor and as part of cross-functional teams to ensure successful and effective delivery of work.
- Ability to document business processes and system architectures.
- Experience in a solution governance role.
- Excellent collaboration skills, evidence of building highly effective engagement and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Comfortable having challenging discussions and working toward consensus.
- Experience with data governance processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences, across all levels of the organization. Translating technical concepts into layman’s terms is an essential skill.
- Experience with cloud platforms (i.e., Azure, AWS).
- Prior consulting experience preferred (internal or external).
- Experience supporting customer service, manufacturing, procurement, marketing, sales, logistics, and financial communities.
- Strong project/team management experience. Able to plan projects, allocate resources, and prioritize initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while managing multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle, Waterfall, Agile delivery processes.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Technical third-party API integration experience required.
- Experience managing 3rd party service providers.
- Reliable, predictable attendance is required. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
- Primarily an in-office position, however some flexibility is offered to work at home.
- Minimal travel expected.
Employee must have no food allergies. Employee must have ability to climb stairs and maneuver underneath desks and tables.
Directly supervises people and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies. Responsibilities include training employees, and planning, assigning, and directing their work.
Employee will work in an office environment located in Downers Grove, IL. The position is casual dress.
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put the position title in the subject line, no phone calls please.