Open Position: Solutions Architect
Title: Solutions Architect
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, may vary
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains an understanding of the “big picture” to assure that Flavorchem’s enterprise architecture supports Flavorchem’s business and technology objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day workload and priorities of existing and new tasks, requests, and projects against available resources.
- Serves as the lead solution/application architect and resident end-to-end process expert.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration and operations of the ERP system and associated systems.
- Serves as key technical resource for team, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects and day-to-day operations.
- Provides technical support, guidance, mentoring and supervision to team members, assisting in their technical and interpersonal skill development.
- Leads investigations and provides recommendations regarding the most appropriate technology tools to deliver desired capabilities.
- Establishes standards and best practices for managing data access rights.
- Strives towards re-usable, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- Supports end-to-end solutioning for various systems, ensuring that enhancements and fixes are architecturally sound.
- Directs the research and development activities required to evaluate, select, acquire, and implement technology systems and solutions.
- Helps re-engineer core business processes to support end-to-end data flows that ensure a high degree of data integrity in our systems.
- Seeks to satisfy requirements using existing (product supported) functionality versus building custom applications.
- Continually develops skills and abilities to keep current on new technology and practices and broaden knowledge.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and company data.
- Manages third party providers for key services, support, and technology implementations.
- Controls costs and manages to IT budget(s)
- Maintains excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leads and/or participates in projects as required.
- Advises on process improvement and best practices.
- Determines root cause of problems, identifies resolutions and coordinates fixes through completion.
- Leads a team to support a 24/7 manufacturing environment. Participates in production support.
- Partners with Infrastructure on the design and maintenance of system environments.
- Provides emergency support for critical system issues, including leadership in diagnostic direction and patch/release support.
- Able to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation and little oversight; Willing to constructively challenge the way things may have been done in the past when appropriate.
- Effectively prioritizes service requests, escalations along with other duties and tasks daily.
- Provides support as needed outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology related field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 7+ years of experience in supporting ERP implementations.
- 5+ years of experience implementing enterprise IT applications, defining, and mapping business processes, and understanding integration between various applications.
- 5+ years of experience in IT positions with increasing responsibility.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, configuring, and maintaining ERP solutions as well as end to end business processes.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business operations.
- Work experience as a Solutions Architect in at least a couple projects.
- Experience with multiple ERP implementations preferred; Advanced expertise in at least one required.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Activities + Manufacturing.
- Ability to analyze ambiguous technical and business situations and be able to determine appropriate solutions.
- Background in technical program management and/or consultancy with track record of successfully architecting and deploying solutions.
- Strong experience in reengineering and standardizing processes.
- Effective in taking a probing and analytical approach to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analysis skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Driven, dedicated individual that expects high quality results from him/herself, their direct reports, others around them and leads by example.
- Excels as an individual contributor and as part of cross-functional teams to ensure successful and effective delivery of work.
- Ability to document business processes and system architectures.
- Experience in a solution governance role.
- Excellent collaboration skills, evidence of building highly effective engagement and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Comfortable having challenging discussions and working toward consensus.
- Experience with data governance processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences, across all levels of the organization. Translating technical concepts into layman’s terms is an essential skill.
- Experience with cloud platforms (i.e., Azure, AWS).
- Prior consulting experience preferred (internal or external).
- Experience supporting customer service, manufacturing, procurement, marketing, sales, logistics, and financial communities.
- Strong project/team management experience. Able to plan projects, allocate resources, and prioritize initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while managing multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle, Waterfall, Agile delivery processes.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Technical third-party API integration experience required.
- Experience managing 3rd party service providers.
- Reliable, predictable attendance is required. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
- Primarily an in-office position, however some flexibility is offered to work at home.
- Minimal travel expected.
- No food allergies
- Must have the ability to climb stairs and maneuver underneath desks and tables
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put the position title in the subject line, no phone calls please.