Open Position: Support Specialist II
Title: Support Specialist II
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm, may vary
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides users with help desk, VPN, and software support. Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources. Trains users in use of equipment.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Upgrades hardware and software components as required including client and patch management.
- Develops and writes procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Sets up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
- Assembles and configures new PCs, network components, and associated services. Provides new PC and server builds.
- Serves as key technical resource for team, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects and day-to-day operations.
- Provides corporate Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office 365 support.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of company equipment and data.
- Determines root cause of problems, identifies resolutions and coordinates fixes through completion.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities within a help desk ticketing system.
- Manages the day-to-day workload and priorities of existing and new tasks, requests, and projects.
- Able to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation and little oversight; Willing to constructively challenge the way things may have been done in the past when appropriate.
- Tracks, manages, and reports inventory.
- Any other tasks assigned by Supervisor or Management Team.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge in current and future Windows Desktop systems. (10)
- Basic knowledge of current and future Windows Server systems (2016, 2019, 2022).
- Prefer basic knowledge of Networking (Routers, TCPIP, Firewalls, etc.).
- Prefer Windows Desktop or A+ certifications.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analysis skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Driven, dedicated individual that expects high quality results from him/herself, others around them and leads by example.
- Excels as an individual contributor and as part of cross-functional teams to ensure successful and effective delivery of work.
- Maintains strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while managing multiple priorities.
- Reliable, predictable attendance is required. Must be able support variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
- Primarily an in-office position, however some flexibility is offered to work at home.
- Minimal travel expected.
- Employee must have no food allergies. Employee must have ability to climb stairs and maneuver underneath desks, and lift 50 lbs.
- Employee will work in an office environment located in Downers Grove, IL. The position is casual dress.
If interested, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put the position title in the subject line.