Toll Pilot Thermal Processing
Committed to customer collaboration and innovation, our fully automated state-of-the-art pilot plant utilizes the latest in thermal processing capabilities. Our customers can work with us to test their products on a lab scale before they scale up into production. Specialized technology and equipment allow us to test flavors, extracts, and ingredients in different finished applications.
Launching a new food or beverage?
Custom Lab Scale Production
The ability to run the customer’s actual product or base at a lab scale allows developers to formulate flavors that are optimized for production. This approach accelerates brand owners’ speed to market while providing full confidence that the flavor will perform in the finished product the same way it did in our pilot plant. We offer toll pilot thermal processing so you can take advantage of our capabilities to create samples for trade shows, prospective buyers, distributors and more.
- Custom built, fully automated and computer controlled for consistent processing with data logging available
- Ability to process under HTST and UHT aseptic conditions
- Indirect heating using tube-in-tube heat exchangers with two heating and three cooling sections with the final cooled with glycol
- Direct heating using injected culinary steam with vacuum flash chamber
- Variable insulated hold times from 6 seconds to 2 minutes
- Upstream and downstream homogenization capabilities
- Max speed is 60L/hour, max viscosity is 2,000cps
- 15L batch tank with mixer
- 5hp Dry-blender (tri-blender) with shearing capabilities
- Aseptic BIB filler (1-2L) and Clean Fill Hood (250, 500ml)
- Est. minimum batch 5-20 gallons depending on processing
- Fully expandable to allow for customer specific equipment and additional processing equipment to be added seamlessly