Road to Flavorchem
I started working at Flavorchem in July of 2013 through a temp. agency and got hired a year later. I enjoy everything about working at Flavorchem – especially working with my colleagues, the customers, copackers, third-party assembly firms, and the opportunities this company has to offer. I was recently promoted to Packaging Administrative Manager and am the first female manager in the Operations Team in 50 years.
Memorable Flavorchem Moments
I have had the opportunity to work on several projects with many departments and senior leaders within the company. However, the most memorable project was working with IT (Dan and Joe) to develop and test a new module within our system to be able to transact the new Turnkey kits and CUD’s for one of our customers.
Interest in Food & Beverage
Trends are fascinating and complicated at the same time, as the beverage and food industry is rapidly growing and shifting from artificial to natural/ non-GMO products. It’s gratifying to see the end products at the stores and yet, somehow, I always end up checking lot codes and best-by dates on some of our retail items when I’m grocery shopping.
- Favorite Flavor: Passionfruit
- Favorite Hobbies: Shopping, swimming, and baking (even though it doesn’t end well sometimes)
- Biggest Accomplishments: My family, buying my first house, and being promoted to manager.
- Future Plans: My husband and I are planning a trip to Japan in the near future, hopefully when things get back to normal.
- Something your coworkers don’t know about you: I am a crazy cat lady with 4 beautiful cats and I would love to foster animals in the near future.